Social Policy and Development Centre (SPDC) is a policy research organization registered as a non-profit limited company. Established in 1995, SPDC has made a significant intellectual contribution in placing issues of pro-poor growth and social development on the policy-making agenda. With a focus on issues of poverty and inequality, governance, gender and pro-poor macro-economic policy, it contributes to the national goal of social development through research, policy advice, and advocacy.
SPDC is looking for a Senior Technical Advisor to help the organization in the areas of research and resource mobilization.
Responsibilities: She/He will be responsible for leading research activities and negotiating and obtaining research grants and consultancies. More specifically, the responsibilities will include to:
▪ Undertake donor mapping considering the thematic areas of SPDC’s work
▪ Identify partner organizations at local, regional and international levels with whom to collaborate in joint programming and resource mobilization
▪ Write proposals, obtain funding for, and implement contract research
▪ Liaison with policymakers and international development partners to develop networking relationships
▪ Direct and supervise researchers, technical experts, and business development officers at SPDC
Qualification/Experience: To fulfil these various responsibilities, the person sought should be a strong leader with intellectual strength and credibility and have a proven record of attracting grants, endowments and sponsored research. The candidate should preferably have a PhD in Economics or other Social Sciences with a least ten years of experience in research and policy analysis; five or more years should preferably have been gained with international development partners. Experience in gender research and management of interdisciplinary research teams would be considered an advantage. International experience (and/or knowledge) is also important, combined with the commercial acumen to contribute toward the financial viability of SPDC. The candidate should preferably have at least five publications in refereed professional journals.
Applicants are requested to submit a narrative of suitability for the position, a full curriculum vitae (with a recent photograph) and the names and addresses of the three referees latest by August 15, 2022, via email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org